The time has come to apply for a bursary for the 2015 academic year.
If you are fulfill any of the below criteria then you may stand a chance of becoming a beneficiary of the prestigious Citrus Academy Bursary Fund:
- A citizen of South Africa, Swaziland or Zimbabwe;
- Studying fulltime or part-time at a registered tertiary academic institution;
- Studying in a field related to citrus production or research;
- Not going to be in your first year of study in 2015;
- Interested in a career in the citrus industry; and
- Satisfied that you are able to comply with the terms and conditions of the Bursary Fund agreement (download here) and the Citrus Academy Code of Conduct (download here).
Please complete the online application and follow the instructions carefully. Make sure that we have all the documentation as indicated – remember that we will not be able to process your application without all these documents.
Applications close on the 30th of September 2014, and no late applications will be accepted. We only accept online applications. No emailed, faxed or snail-mailed applications will be considered.
If you have difficulty accessing the online application form, please contact us.
Remember that although the most important considerations are your field of study and academic performance, we give preference to students who are already involved in the citrus industry and we also take into account PDI status, gender, disabilities, and financial need. Postgraduate applicants must supply us with sufficient information about their research project and academic supervisor.
If you are involved in a BEE citrus enterprise, please contact us to apply for a special BEEBS bursary.