Even though the Citrus Academy is not a training service provider, we arrange workshops on a cost-recovery basis where there are specific training needs that are not being otherwise addressed. Workshops are normally held in collaboration with accredited training service providers.
Capacity building workshops are usually held on particular subjects and for specific target groups, on request. The Citrus Academy develops a workshop programme, identifies and engages the services of subject-matter experts and workshop facilitators, arranges site visits where appropriate, develops comprehensive learning material and aids, arranges for additional resources where necessary, and can even make logistical arrangements if required.
The cost of a workshop is carried either by the participants or by the organisation requesting the workshop.
Examples of workshops that were held in the past are:
- Citrus Safety for extension officers of the Limpopo Department of Agriculture
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers for emergent citrus growers in the Eastern Cape
- Spring Pest Complex extension officers of the Limpopo Department of Agriculture
- Plant Nutrition and Soil Maintenance for extension officers of the Limpopo Department of Agriculture
- Production Management for citrus technical staff
- Irrigation and Water Quality for citrus technical staff
If you would like to enquire about arranging a workshop, please contact us.